Scientists have for decades demonstrated vitamin C's benefits for our skin. They have also demonstrated how difficult it is to harness those benefits into a great serum because some vitamin C molecules are both light sensitive and unstable. Before we overcome those challenges, let's examine the pluses that make a great vitamin C serum worth the effort:
- Eliminates skin damaging free radicals and promotes collagen production;
- Brightens complexion and evens skin tone by reducing redness, hyperpigmentation and dark spots;
- Helps to reduce inflammation and scarring; and
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, a stabilized time-release form of vitamin C, hydrates the skin for better moisture retention.
At VU, we embraced this challenge by making our Ultimate C&E Serum:
- Stable and packaged in a bottle that prevents light damage.
- We use only stabilized, time-released forms of vitamin C:
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate;
- Ascorbyl methylsilanol pectinate; and
- Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate.
- Both strong enough and gentle enough.
- Our formula delivers the effect of a 14% vitamin C concentration, well inside recommended range of 10% to 20% for effectiveness and safety.
- Our time-release ingredients slowly convert the vitamin C to its acid state which eliminates or significantly reduces any skin irritation.
- We use a powerful, soothing, licorice-derived molecule called dipotassium glycerrhizate to calm skin on contact.
- Bio-available so that skin will absorb and maximize use of the active ingredients.
- We use a bioflavonoid as the connector to help the vitamin C molecule penetrate skin cells.
- More than just a vitamin C serum by adding other active ingredients to amplify its overall benefits.
- Antioxidant-rich vitamin E is a natural addition because when combined with vitamin C, vitamin E eliminates fifty times more free radicals than by itself.
- We add three different forms of vitamin E to fight free radicals and improve moisture retention.
- Rosehip seed oil helps with both moisture barrier repair and brightening.
We believe after trying our Ultimate C&E Serum that you'll see why taking the time to choose wisely pays off in a better skin care experience.