We all have our rules-of-thumb for snap decisions - and we really need them. Otherwise, we'd be stuck in perpetual contemplation over every little thing.
One of our skin care rules-of-thumb used to be:
- Typical cleansing foams leave skin more dry than cleansing gels, lotions, creams and oils.
We wrote that rule in our heads because the history of cleansing foams has been sulfate-based cleansers for oily or acne-prone skin that left skin drier. And that was a shame because a lot of us prefer a foamy cleanser that pumps an easily spreadable cloud for that little touch of luxury.
So we built our pillowy Cleansing Foam to deliver such a richly hydrating experience that even dry and dehydrated skin types can use with confidence. Here's how and why we did it:
- Keep it sulfate-free because sulfates can irritate skin and eyes.
- Use coconut-derived cleansing agents to gently remove oil and embedded pollution particulate from pores.
- Balance out those cleansing agents with:
- Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) to draw moisture into skin to prevent dehydration during cleansing;
- Antioxidant-rich black cumin and black raspberry extracts rich in Omega 3, 6, 9 to support skin’s suppleness;
- Powerful antioxidant rosehip extract rich in vitamins A and C as well as linoleic and linolenic acids to keep skin smooth and healthy looking;
- Borage oil to provide essential skin lipids to smooth and reinforce skin’s natural barrier;
- Phytosterol and moisturizing lipid-rich olive oil to smooth skin’s texture; and
- Algae & mugwort to provide unique anti-sting complex to reduce discomfort in sensitive skin.
Let us change your rule-of-thumb about cleansing foams, too. Use it with our Cleansing Oil for a thorough cleansing experience that will leave you super clean without that dried-out, tight feeling.